After a month-long hiatus, I am back! Since SIB is over and I am back to job hunting, I’ve had a bit more time to focus on my other loves- running and making playlists– which actually go hand in hand.
I have created and tested (and made my friends test) 11 playlists for different moods/situations, on different platforms (Soundcloud & Spotify). They are as follows:
1. Beach – (Spotify) I created this last year before I went on my senior Spring break. There are tracks from Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney, Jason Mraz and Fleetwood Mac, to name a few.
2. Hipster Paradise– (Spotify) These are based on the songs that I listened to while working at an Indie record label in NYC (Hi, Glassnote). Featuring bands like The Black Keys, Vampire Weekend & Mumford & Sons.
3. Run (Spotify)- This monster EDM-based playlist has been a few months in the making between my friends and I- perfect for some Cardio or the weekend 🙂 Featuring artists like Calvin Harris, Avicii and Major Lazer.
4. Chill Out (Spotify)- Another big playlist full of my current genre-obsession, Chillstep? Garage-step? Even the Djs don’t know what to call it, but its electronic-ish, chill-ish and drum and bass-ish… Flume (obviously!), Disclosure, Odesza and many other cool artists featured here.
5. Sitting in Sunshine (Spotify) One of my favorite playlists for the Spring/Summer, featuring all happy and upbeat songs. Featuring John Mayer, Tori Kelly, Ed Sheeran, etc. Think happy!
6. Funky (Spotify) After binge-watching two seasons of Scandal on Netflix this winter, I was inspired by the funky soundtrack that was featured throughout the show. Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding & Michael Jackson!
7. 90s Kid (Spotify) Some nostalgia for the Millennials- DMX, Ja Rule, T-Pain, Backstreet Boys… need I say more?
8. All that Jazzzz (Spotify) After several music history classes for my degree in Music Industry, I have a lot of appreciation for Jazz. A little playlist featuring some of the greats like Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and Billie Holiday.
9. Jamz (Soundcloud)- A good playlist for slow jams and remixes, featuring artists like Kill Paris, Chris Brown (I know, I know), and the Weeknd.
10. 5 (Soundcloud)- I made this playlist for long (5-mile) runs, featuring trap/chillstep/edm-style songs featuring artists like What So Not, Keys N Krates and more Flume.
11. Windows Down (Soundcloud)- A little bit of overlap of some of the songs on 5, but definitely an awesome playlist to blast when its nice out. Features a lot of remixes (Beyonce, Rudimental, Bibio)
Hopefully there’s a playlist for you on here and if not, let me know and I am very happy to make another 😉 Also, I am always open to new music suggestions, so please feel free to share if you have a song that you keep pressing repeat on!